Thursday, August 23, 2012

Video Commentary: The Attempt



Over on The Armchair Empire's official YouTube channel, Mr. Nash has been providing an assortment of commentary and video for the last few months but it's only recently I've tried my hand at doing the same thing.

I've done two videos so far, one for Prototype 2 and the one above for Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. There's plenty of room for improvement on my part but it is quite fun though I don't think it will replace my written articles.

Writing affords a higher level of polish and provides a better chance at conveying my ideas much more than running off at the mouth. It happens to me all the time. I'll start talking about one thing and mid-thought go somewhere else and suddenly I lose the thread. I often have a difficult time remembering just what the hell I was talking about because I'm "writing" stuff in my head to say after the words that I'm saying escape my mouth. Now, whether that's a function of too little sleep, too much coffee, or possibly a brain tumor, I don't know. But I do know I'm much more comfortable getting my ideas out on paper (often, digital paper) that putting me in front of a mic is a bad idea.

I have a clip of Mr. Nash and I appearing on a local radio station from 2003 talking about games. The host, Paul Myers (brother of Mike Myers), always had no problem running off at the mouth, and in an effort to keep up with him I flat-out made stuff before I realized what I saying. It's kind of painful to listen to it now but it's still a cool archived piece to listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment